In honour of Software Freedom Day (which I heard about for the first time about 5 minutes ago), the OSX/Objective-C version of Really Bad Eggs is now open source:
Viciously pedantic criticism of my Objective-C code would be greatly appreciated.
Changes since the last demo release include:
- Lots of bug fixes;
- Scoring system is identical to the Amiga version;
- Added score display using original graphics;
- Added two player mode;
- Added “CPU” or “2UP” indicator for second grid;
- Tidied up game end indicators;
- Added ability to start a new game.
Everything in the game is now finished. All that remains to do is:
- Possibly replace the graphics;
- Possibly replace the sounds;
- Add a menu system for choosing game options;
- Add a title screen.
The controls for player 1 are now:
- A - rotate anti-clockwise
- S - rotate clockwise
- D - move left
- F - drop
- G - move right
The controls for player 2 are:
- Cursors - move/drop
- > - rotate anti-clockwise
- < - rotate clockwise
I’ll get a compiled binary out soon.