2010-01-12

Unicode Complete

Woopsi is now 100% unicode. Except for anything in the “bonus” folder, which I’ll get around to at some point.

I’ve tidied up the WoopsiString, removing redundant methods and sorting out which should be public and which shouldn’t. To cater for iteration, rather than trying to redesign the string, I’ve added a new StringIterator class. The WoopsiString can produce instances of these (in the same way that Gadgets produce instances of the GraphicsPort class) that can iterate over the string. It has some cunning optimisations so that it will always choose the optimal way of moving to a new character index.

On top of that, I’ve moved the FileRequester and associated classes into the main codebase. Lakedaemon pointed out that, unless you use any libfat features, it isn’t included in the final ROM. A quick test revealed that this was indeed the case, so there’s really no reason not to enable libfat in the makefile by default and include the FileRequester in the main library.

I’ve fixed a few problems in the FileRequester. Its background was transparent in places, which was caused by one of the gadgets in its children not having a draw() method. The sorting was broken - I thought I’d fixed this - so although the items were sorted alphabetically, directories were intermingled with files. Lastly, it doesn’t try to draw before the rest of Woopsi has been drawn, a problem which caused some graphical corruption.

The Bmp2Font .NET utility for converting BMP files to Woopsi fonts now creates working Font subclasses. I’ve removed four fonts from Woopsi as they didn’t seem to be converted properly by Jeff’s original process - they either had glyphs with missing sections or the vertical positioning of some of the glyphs was off.