I wrote this a while ago as a guitar tune:
I was never very happy with most of the original tune. It has a soaring melody that’s really the middle of a musical idea. It needs a solid buildup that I couldn’t come up with, so I settled for a descending baseline copout. This chiptune version removes the unsuccessful parts and adds new ideas, but it doesn’t solve the original problem. It loops, hence the abrupt cutoff in the MP3 version.
On the subject of XM music modules, here’s the Professor Sinister mod:
This has all of the different tracks embedded in it in different blocks. The song index is:
- 00: Empty block (songs that don’t loop jump here when they end)
- 01: Climb Time (in-game music);
- 0B: Pause jingle;
- 0C: Oh Well (game over music);
- 14: Something Sinister (title music);
- 27: Ooops (lost a life music).
You’ll need something like MilkyTracker to play it.